OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College men's soccer team fell to University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, 3-1, this afternoon inside the Cutler Athletic Complex in Olivet.
Final Score: Wis.-Whitewater 3, Olivet 1
Location: Cutler Athletic Complex; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Wis.-Whitewater 1-1 overall, Olivet 0-2 overall
- The Comets applied the early offense, with three corner kicks and two shots.
- The Warhawks capitalized on an Olivet foul in the 40th minute when they scored on a free kick from 22 yards out.
- The score stayed 1-0 at halftime.
- Wis.-Whitewater scored on a penalty kick early in the second half.
- Olivet had a couple chances to score, including once on a great shot by freshman Carter Thomas which hit the cross bar.
- The Warhawks netted their third goal in the 71st minute.
- Less than a minute, the Comets got on the scoreboard for the first time this season when senior David Magallon's shot found the corner of the goal at the far post. Sophomore Dean Failer earned the assist.
- Olivet tallied nine shots in the contest, including three by sophomore Joshua Rosendale.
- Magallon and Thomas each took two shots.
- Freshman Brendan Ihm made his collegiate debut in goal and made one save in 90 minutes of action.
- Wis.-Whitewater had 11 total shots, including just four on-goal.
- Three different players – Kyle Clancy, Manny Barajas and Jack Wirth – scored a goal.
- Wirth and Trevor Johnson collected two shots apiece.
- Toney Anderson and Jason Purlee played in goal. Anderson had three saves in the first 83 minutes and 14 seconds to pick-up the win. Purlee saw action for the final six minutes and 46 seconds.
- Olivet hosts Elmhurst (Ill.) College Wednesday afternoon at 2 p.m.