OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College men's soccer team suffered a 3-0 loss to Elmhurst (Ill.) College on a hot and muggy afternoon at the Cutler Athletic Complex in Olivet.
Final Score: Elmhurst (Ill.) 3, Olivet 0
Location: Cutler Athletic Complex; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Elmhurst 1-2 overall, Olivet 0-3 overall
- There was no scoring in the first half. The Comets did have four good chances to put the ball in the back of the net.
- The Blue Jays netted their first goal in the 60th minute.
- Elmhurst added another goal in the 73rd minute.
- The Blue Jays capped their scoring with a penalty kick goal in the 82nd minute.
- Olivet was held to eight total shots, including four by junior David Magallon.
- Sophomore Justin Lavin played all 90 minutes between the posts and tallied five saves.
- Elmhurst recorded 11 shots, including eight on-goal.
- Luke Deel, Jared Plotka and Keegan Thompson each scored a goal.
- Plotka and Josh Arvidson led the way with three shots apiece.
- Donnie Kvien earned the win in goal and had two saves.
- Olivet travels to Ohio for two games this weekend. On Saturday, the Comets face Bluffton University at 3:30 p.m. and then on Sunday, they play Wittenberg University at 1 p.m.