OLIVET, Mich. – Seniors Alistair Law and David Magallon each had a goal and assist to lead the Olivet College men's soccer team to a 2-1 victory over Defiance (Ohio) College this afternoon at the Cutler Athletic Complex in Olivet.
Final Score: Olivet 2, Defiance 1
Location: Cutler Athletic Complex; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Defiance 1-4 overall, Olivet 2-4 overall
- The Comets took a 1-0 lead in the 14th minute. Law scored the goal, with Magallon earning the assist.
- The Yellow Jackets netted the equalizer in the 27th minute.
- The score stayed deadlocked at 1-1 at halftime.
- The Comets scored what proved to be the game-winning goal in the 71st minute. Magallon scored the goal, with Law picking-up the assist.
- Olivet had more chances to extend its lead but was not able to capitalize.
- Olivet tallied 15 shots, 11 on-goal, in the game.
- Law led the way with five shots.
- Magallon and sophomore Joshua Rosendale had three shots apiece.
- Sophomore Justin Lavin was the winning keeper. He made seven saves, while facing nine shots.
- Christian Meister had the goal, and Luca DeMartino recorded the assist.
- Jarod Brossia and Juan Olvera each registered two shots.
- Today's game marks the 12th all-time meeting between Defiance and Olivet on the soccer field. The Comets have never lost to the Yellow Jackets, leading the series 11-0-1, and have out-scored them 53-6.
- Olivet makes the trip to Milwaukee, Wisconsin, this weekend to play in the Wisconsin Lutheran College Warrior Cup. On Friday night at 7 p.m. ET, the Comets play Lake Forest (Ill.) College and on Saturday, they face the host Warriors at 4:30 p.m. ET.