MOUNT PLEASANT, Iowa – Senior Alistair Law scored two goals, including the first one only 27 seconds into the game, to help the Olivet College men's soccer team beat Iowa Wesleyan University, 5-3, this afternoon at East Lake Park in Mount Pleasant, Iowa.
Final Score: Olivet 5, Iowa Wesleyan 3
Location: East Lake Park; Mount Pleasant, Iowa
Records: Iowa Wesleyan 2-6-1 overall, Olivet 4-4-1 overall
- The Comets scored the first three goals in the first 26 minutes and 26 seconds of the game.
- Law netted a goal 27 seconds into the game.
- Freshman Caleb Graham found the back of the net after receiving a pass from sophomore Joshua Rosendale in the 14th minute.
- Law made a penalty kick goal in the 27th minute.
- The Tigers got on the scoreboard late in the first half on a PK.
- Iowa Wesleyan made the score 3-2 with a goal in the 55th minute.
- Rosendale pushed Olivet's lead back to a two-goal margin with an unassisted tally in the 61st minute.
- Sophomore Anthony Pena capped the Comets' scoring 14 minutes later with his own unassisted goal.
- The Tigers scored the final goal with just one second left in the game.
- Olivet finished the game with 14 shots, seven in each half.
- Law and Rosendale led the way with three shots apiece.
- Sophomore Justin Lavin picked-up the goalie win after making seven saves in 90 minutes of action.
- Rogerio Rodrigues had two of the goals, while Fabian Arvizu had the third.
- Mariano Mateo topped the team with three shots.
- Chris Rimmer suffered the loss between the pipes. He allowed all five goals and collected two saves.
- Olivet is now off until Wednesday, Oct. 3, when it hosts Alma College to open Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association play. Game time at the Cutler Athletic Complex is 4 p.m.