OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College men's soccer team opened Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) play with a 2-1 loss to Alma College this afternoon at the Cutler Athletic Complex in Olivet.
Final Score: Alma 2, Olivet 1
Location: Cutler Athletic Complex; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Alma 4-5 overall, 1-0 MIAA; Olivet 4-5-1 overall, 0-1 MIAA
- The Scots led 2-0 at halftime behind goals by Noah Canlas in the 16th minute and Kyle Farmer in the 26th minute.
- The Comets had several chances to score a goal in the first half, as they out-shot Alma 9-7.
- Olivet got on the scoreboard in the 55th minute when sophomore Joshua Rosendale found the back of the net. Senior David Magallon was credited with an assist on the goal.
- The Comets turned up the offensive pressure late in the game. Olivet had three shots which were saved by the goalkeeper, and a fourth shot which sailed over the cross bar.
- For the game, Olivet had a 16-11 advantage in total shots.
- Senior Alistair Law tallied a game-high seven shots.
- Rosendale finished with three shots.
- In goal, sophomore Justin Lavin suffered the loss. He made eight saves.
- Canlas recorded a team-leading four shots.
- Three others players each took two shots.
- Garrison Mast picked-up the win in goal. He had nine saves in the complete game performance.
- Olivet plays a 10 a.m. game Saturday at Adrian College.