ADRIAN, Mich. – The Olivet College men's soccer team battled through two weather delays in a 5-1 loss to Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) foe Adrian College this morning at Docking Stadium in Adrian.
Final Score: Adrian 5, Olivet 1
Location: Docking Stadium; Adrian, Mich.
Records: Adrian 5-5 overall, 2-0 MIAA; Olivet 4-6-1 overall, 0-2 MIAA
- The Bulldogs netted a pair of goals in less than one minute from the 4:45 mark to the 5:44 mark.
- After a stoppage in play, Adrian scored two more goals to lead 4-0 at halftime.
- The start of the second half was delayed due to another weather delay.
- The Comets got on the scoreboard in the 77th when sophomore Reece Burton headed the ball into the net on a pass from senior Alistair Law.
- The Bulldogs tallied their final goal with just 24 seconds left in the game.
- Olivet finished the game with 10 total shots.
- Law and sophomore Joshua Rosendale each recorded four shots.
- Sophomore Justin Lavin played the first half in goal and had three saves.
- Freshman Brendan Ihm was the keeper for the second half and collected one save.
- Adrian registered 21 shots in the game, with five different players scoring a goal.
- Garrett Miller notched six shots.
- Spencer Brown earned the goalie win.
- The Comets travel to play Hope College next Tuesday, Oct. 9 at 7 p.m.