HOLLAND, Mich. – The Olivet College men's soccer team lost 8-1 to Hope College in a Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) match tonight inside the Van Andel Soccer Stadium in Holland.
Final Score: Hope 8, Olivet 1
Location: Van Andel Soccer Stadium; Holland, Mich.
Records: Hope 11-1 overall, 2-1 MIAA; Olivet 4-7-1 overall, 0-3 MIAA
- The Flying Dutchmen took a 4-0 lead. The final three goals came in an 89-second span.
- The Comets got on the scoreboard when senior David Magallon netted a goal on a free kick from around 25 yards out.
- Hope added one more goal in the 41st minute to take a 5-1 halftime lead.
- The Flying Dutchmen capped their scoring with three goals in the second half.
- Olivet was held to five shots, including two each for Magallon and sophomore Joshua Rosendale.
- Freshman Brendan Ihm played all 90 minutes in goal and had nine saves.
- Hope was led by Logan Bylsma who had a hat trick.
- Issac Braak had four points on a goal and two assists.
- Dominick Byrne, Jack Elwell, James Reyman and Caleb Schoon scored one goal apiece.
- Christian Dault notched two assists.
- Blair McCormick and Joey Weber split time in goal. McCormick started and played the first 60 minutes and 22 seconds, and had one save. Weber played the final 29 minutes and 38 seconds.
- The Comets host Trine (Ind.) University Saturday at 4 p.m.