OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College men's soccer team was shutout by Trine (Ind.) University, 5-0, today at the Cutler Athletic Complex in Olivet.
Final Score: Trine 5, Olivet 0
Location: Cutler Athletic Complex; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Trine 10-2-1 overall, 3-1 MIAA; Olivet 4-8-1 overall, 0-4 MIAA
- The Thunder took a 1-0 lead in the 20th minute.
- The Comets had a chance to level the score a short time later but missed a penalty kick.
- Trine responded with three goals, all by Nooh Ajabaly, to take a 4-0 halftime lead.
- There was no more until the 69th minute when Kyle Wainscott made a penalty kick goal to put the Thunder up 5-0.
- Olivet finished the game with eight shots, including four for freshman Carter Thomas.
- Senior Alistair Law tallied two shots.
- Sophomore goalkeeper Justin Lavin surrendered all five goals and made five saves.
- Ajabaly had an assist to go along with his three goals for 10 points.
- Ben Moricz scored a goal and had three helpers for five points.
- Ajabaly recorded six total shots.
- Taylor Media had the clean sheet in goal and collected two saves.
- The Comets hosts Finlandia University tomorrow at 2 p.m.