OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College men's soccer team celebrated Senior Day with a heartbreaking 3-2 loss to Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) rival Albion College this afternoon at the Cutler Athletic Complex in Olivet.
Final Score: Albion 3, Olivet 2
Location: Cutler Athletic Complex; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Albion 6-5-4 overall, 1-3-2 MIAA; Olivet 5-10-1 overall, 0-6 MIAA
- The Comets took a 2-0 lead with two goals off set pieces in a span of 96 seconds.
- Freshman Carter Thomas scored the first goal, and freshman Joe Griffus netted the second goal. Senior David Magallon had assists on both goals.
- The Britons got one goal back in the 38th minute to trail 2-1 at halftime.
- Albion tied the game in the 59th minute.
- With 22:45 left in the game, there was a 35-minute weather delay.
- The Britons scored the game-winning goal in the 75th minute.
- Olivet had three chances to put the equalizer in the goal but missed each time. One shot hit the post, another was blocked by the defense and the third sailed wide of the net.
- Olivet out-shot the Britons, 14-6.
- Senior Alistair Law led the way with four shots.
- Sophomore Joshua Rosendale was next with three shots.
- Freshman Brendan Ihm suffered the loss in goal, as he allowed all three goals and made two saves.
- Moses Jatta, Will Colburn and Erik VanFossen scored the goals.
- Colburn had two shots.
- Maximilian Loria and Chris Wallace split time in goal. Loria was in net for the first half and had one save. Wallace played the final 45 minutes and also had one save.
- Olivet closes out its regular season next Tuesday with a 4 p.m. game at Kalamazoo College.