KALAMAZOO, Mich. – The Olivet College men's soccer team ended its season with a 1-0 loss to Kalamazoo College this afternoon at Mackenzie Field in Kalamazoo.
Final Score: Kalamazoo 1, Olivet 0
Location: Mackenzie Field; Kalamazoo, Mich.
Records: Kalamazoo 5-10-1 overall, 2-4-1 MIAA; Olivet 5-11-1 overall, 0-7 MIAA
- In the first half, the Comets' best chance to score came in the 35th minute. Senior Alistair Law had his shot stopped but the ball went off the keeper's hands for a corner kick. Law served the ball into the box, where sophomore Joshua Rosendale's shot hit off the cross bar.
- Olivet kept the Hornets off the scoreboard by despite being out-shot 17-6 in the opening 45 minutes of play.
- In the second, the Comets had two shots saved off the back line by the Kalamazoo defense. The first was by Law in the 75th minute, and the second was a header by sophomore Dean Failer in the 76th minute.
- Law had back-to-back shots saved by the goalie in the 88th minute.
- A Kalamazoo player gathered the ball and sent a shot into the net at the near post with 31 seconds left in the game.
- Olivet finished the game with 15 shots.
- Law had a game-high five shots, followed by Rosendale with four.
- Sophomore Justin Lavin kept the Comets in the game with seven saves while playing all 90 minutes in goal.
- Ben Meschke scored the goal.
- Gold Afolabi and Collin Sweet each took four shots.
- Luke Kastran earned the goalie win and collected seven saves.