OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College men's soccer team tied Wabash (Ind.) College, 2-2, in double overtime this afternoon at the Cutler Athletic Complex in Olivet.
Final Score: Wabash (Ind.) 2, Olivet 2 (2OT)
Location: Cutler Athletic Complex; Olivet, Michigan.
Records: Wabash 4-3-1 overall, Olivet 3-3-1 overall
- The Comets took a 1-0 lead in the 24th minute. Junior Joshua Rosendale beat a defender on the right side of the 18-yard box. He slotted the ball across the 6-yard box where freshman Jesus Escalante took a shot and placed into the net at the far post.
- The Little Giants evened the score in the 28th minute.
- The score stayed 1-1 at halftime.
- Olivet went ahead 2-1 in the 49th minute on a goal by junior Dean Failer.
- The game was stopped in the 50th minute due to lightning in the area. Fifty-five minutes later, play resumed.
- Wabash leveled the score in the 78th minute.
- The Little Giants had five shots in the final 11 minutes of the second half but failed to put one in the back of the net.
- In the overtime periods, Wabash had all of the scoring opportunities.
- Olivet recorded five shots.
- Rosendale took two of the shots.
- Sophomore Andrew Aragon played the entire game in goal and made seven saves.
- Wabash tallied 18 shots, placing half on-frame.
- Justin Kopp and Jesus Rodrigo Del Real each scored a goal.
- Rodrigo Del Real topped the team with six shots.
- Chad Wunderlich was in between the pipes for all 110 minutes.
- Olivet hosts Webster (Mo.) University tomorrow at 12 p.m.