OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College men's soccer team dropped a 3-1 decision to Webster (Mo.) University this afternoon at the Cutler Athletic Complex in Olivet.
Final Score: Webster (Mo.) 3, Olivet 1
Location: Cutler Athletic Complex; Olivet, Michigan
Records: Webster 5-1-1 overall, Olivet 3-4-1 overall
- The Gorloks took a 1-0 lead in the 32nd minute when Juan Garcia buried a penalty kick goal into the net.
- The Comets tied the game five and one-half minutes later. Freshman Cole Miller scored his first collegiate goal, with freshman Coda Mendoza earning the assist.
- Webster had a couple good scoring opportunities late in the first half, but each shot was stopped by sophomore goalkeeper Andrew Aragon.
- Both teams created scoring chances in first 17 minutes of the second half.
- The Gorloks then scored back-to-back goals in a two minute, 41 second span from the 77:19 mark to the 80:00 mark.
- A final Olivet shot in the 86th minute was saved off the back line by a Webster defender.
- Junior Joshua Rosendale had four of the seven Olivet shots. All four of his attempts were placed on-goal.
- Aragon played the entire game in goal and made five saves.
- Garcia, Justin Kohler and Jarret Gabriele tallied the goals.
- Kohler and Joacquin Soto each recorded three shots.
- Matt Amick posted the win in goal, as he collected four saves in 90 minutes of action.
- Today's game was the first-ever meeting between the Comets and Gorlocks on the soccer field. It is also believed to be the first time in school history any Olivet team has played Webster.
- Olivet is on the road Wednesday night to play Elmhurst (Ill.) College, starting at 8 p.m. EST.