ANGOLA, Ind. – The Olivet College men's soccer team dropped a 2-1 overtime decision to Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) foe Trine (Ind.) University today at Weaver Soccer Field in Angola, Indiana.
Final Score: Trine (Ind.) 2, Olivet 1 (OT)
Location: Weaver Soccer Field; Angola, Indiana
Records: Trine 5-7-0 overall, 1-3-0 MIAA; Olivet 4-9-1 overall, 1-3-0 MIAA
- The Thunder took advantage of a foul just outside the penalty box to score its first goal in the 38th minute.
- The score stayed 1-0 until the 89th minute when the Comets leveled the score. Freshman Jesus Escalante scored the equalizer on a pass from junior Dean Failer.
- Trine netted the game-winning goal with 3:43 left in the first overtime period.
- Olivet totaled nine shots in the match.
- Failer and junior Joshua Rosendale each tallied two shots. Both of Failer's shots were on-goal.
- Sophomore Andrew Aragon suffered the loss in goal. He faced 20 shots and made nine saves.
- Brian Morris and Trevor Towghl scored the goals.
- Nooh Aljabaly recorded a team-best five shots.
- Austin Hensley was the winning keeper.
- Olivet is on the road next Tuesday, Oct. 22, to play defending MIAA champion Calvin University. Game time is 7 p.m.