ALBION, Mich. – The Olivet College men's soccer team lost 3-1 to Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) rival Albion College this afternoon on Alumni Field and inside the Davis Athletic Complex in Albion.
Final Score: Albion 3, Olivet 1
Location: Alumni Field; Albion, Michigan
Records: Albion 7-8-1 overall, 2-4-0 MIAA; Olivet 4-11-1 overall, 1-5-0 MIAA
- The Britons led 3-0 behind goals by Micah Cross in the 14th minute, Joan Tomas in the 34th minute and Spencer Moeggenberg in the 42nd minute.
- Shortly after the restart following Albion's third goal, junior Joshua Rosendale was fouled inside the penalty area by the Briton goalkeeper. Junior Dean Failer stepped to the spot, and sent the ball into the net for the goal.
- The score stayed 3-1 at halftime and for the rest of the game.
- Olivet tallied seven shots, including three for Rosendale and two for Failer.
- Sophomore Andrew Aragon made nine saves while playing all 90 minutes in net.
- Carter Peek had six of the 20 Albion shots.
- Cross, Tomas and Jason Warras each took three shots.
- Justin Huttenlocher and Maxmillian Loria combined to play the 90 minutes in goal. Huttenlocher allowed the lone goal and had the one save.
- The Comets conclude their season next Wednesday, Oct. 30, with a home game against Kalamazoo College. First touch from the Cutler Athletic Complex is at 3 p.m.