OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College men's soccer team closed the curtain on the 2019 season with a 3-1 setback to Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) rival Kalamazoo College this afternoon at the Olivet Community Schools Stadium in Olivet.
Final Score: Kalamazoo 3, Olivet 1
Location: Olivet Community Schools Stadium; Olivet, Michigan
Records: Kalamazoo 10-3-2 overall, 4-2-1 MIAA; Olivet 4-12-1 overall, 1-6-0 MIAA
- The Hornets led 1-0 at halftime behind a goal by Nick Kraeuter in the 29th minute.
- Olivet was able to score the equalizer in the 71st minute. Junior Charles Halt served the ball into the penalty box on a corner kick. Junior Dean Failer then re-directed the ball into the net at the far post from around three yards out.
- Kalamazoo scored the go-ahead goal in the 81st minute and added an insurance goal three and one-half minutes later. Ben Meschke netted both goals, and Alex Wallace earned the assist on both goals.
- Olivet finished the game with seven shots.
- Junior Joshua Rosendale took four shots.
- Failer was next with two shots.
- Sophomore Andrew Aragon made three saves, while playing the entire game in net.
- Meschke tallied two goals on six total shots.
- Kraeuter had three shots.
- Sean Ellis was the winning keeper, as he collected three saves in the complete game performance.