HOLLAND, Mich. – The Olivet College men's and women's swimming & diving teams suffered losses to Hope College in Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) dual meets this evening at the Dow Center in Holland. The men's team had the fastest time in three events, while the women posted the quickest time in two events.
- Women – Hope def. Olivet 92-76
- Men – Hope def. Olivet 119-92
FOR THE MEN
- The 400-yard medley relay team of Bryan Plesner, Tony Farmer, Gabe Collins and Eric Wood took first-place with a time of 3:55.89.
- Wood won the 200-yard individual medley with a time of 2:04.75.
- Plesner had the fastest time in the 200-yard backstroke at 2:07.64.
- Zach Meharg was edged at the wall in the 1,000-yard freestyle to finish in second-place with a time of 10:30.57.
- Ian Bishop placed second in the 200-yard freestyle with a time of 1:55.40.
- Tom Decker led a 2-3-4 Comet finish in the 50-yard freestyle with a time of 24.32 seconds.
- Dalton Miner scored second-place points, 221.50, on the one-meter diving board.
FOR THE WOMEN
- Ana Paula Montes de Oca claimed first-place by almost 10 seconds in the 200-yard individual medley with a time of 2:18.94.
- The 400-yard freestyle relay team of Delaney Graham, Campbell, Sabrina Butler and Montes de Oca capped the night with a first-place time of 3:52.53.
- Abby Campbell took second-place in the 50-yard freestyle with a time of 27.58 seconds.
- Keanalanimeleo'kekai Kunz was second in the 100-yard butterfly with a time of 1:15.78.
- Butler posted the second-fastest time in the 100-yard freestyle at 1:00.89.
- Abbie Slater was second on both diving boards, scoring 161.25 points on the three-meter and 156.30 points on the one-meter.
- Olivet rests tonight and travels to Anderson (Ind.) University for a non-conference double dual meet against the host Ravens and Manchester (Ind.) University. Action from inside Bennett Natatorium gets started at 1 p.m.