DEFIANCE, Ohio – The Olivet College men's tennis team won the 2018 Defiance (Ohio) College Invitational, held today at the Dix Tennis Facility in Defiance, Ohio.
Final Result: First-place of three teams
Location: Dix Tennis Facility; Defiance, Ohio
- The tournament featured the Comets, the host Yellow Jackets and Heidelberg (Ohio) University.
- The format was two singles flights, with a winner's bracket and consolation bracket for each flight, as well as four doubles matches.
- Olivet won 54 total games in singles compared to 50 for Defiance and 48 for Heidelberg.
- In doubles, the Comets won 24 games, followed by Defiance with 14 and Heidelberg with 13.
- In the A singles flight, freshman Benjamin Morrow won his first two matches before losing the championship match in three sets.
- Also in the A singles flight, junior Tyler Nobel lost his first match but bounced back to win two straight matches to win the consolation bracket.
- In the B singles flight, senior Austin Briggs fell in his opening match but rebounded with back-to-back wins in the consolation bracket.
- In doubles, Morrow teamed with sophomore Donald Doyle for wins against both schools. Nobel and Briggs defeated two different doubles teams from Heidelberg.
- The Comets are now off until their schedule resumes in the spring. Non-conference matches are to be announced but MIAA matches are set.