ADRIAN, Mich. – The Olivet College men's track and field teams place sixth at the 2018 Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) Field Day. The Comets totaled 93 points, which was only one point behind fifth-place Adrian College and 10 points behind fourth-place Hope College.
- Dewan Hawthorne and Chris Womack finished 1-2 in the 400-meter hurdles. Hawthorne edged at the line, 54.96 seconds to 54.97 seconds, and both were season-best marks.
- Tyler Chavalia won the MIAA title in the 100-meter dash in a season-best time of 10.84 seconds. He was also third in the 200-meter dash in 22.53 seconds.
- Bruce Baker placed third in the 5,000-meter run with a time of 15:31.30.
- Noah Bailey crossed the line sixth in the 400-meter dash with a time 51.02 seconds. Robert Barnett was not far behind in seventh at 52.04 seconds.
- Both relays took third-place. The 4x100-meter relay quartet of Jaylin Alexander, Hawthorne, Chavalia and Walter Love III stopped the clock at 43.50 seconds. The 4x400-meter relay team of Bailey, Hawthorne, Chavalia and Barnett finished in 3:20.68.
- Jacob Smith was the top Comet performer in the field events, as he placed second in the discus throw with a 138 feet, 9 inch toss.
- Bailey leaped to a third-place and personal-best mark of 44 feet, 2-1/2 inches in the triple jump.
- Jontavious Carter finished fifth in the hammer throw with a season-best performance of 144 feet, 5 inches.