MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. – The Olivet College men's and women's track & field teams opened the outdoor portion of its schedule by competing at the two-day Alan Connie/Shamrock Invitational, hosted by Coastal Carolina University and at the Doug Shaw Memorial Stadium in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
- Freshman Lillian Albaugh finished in seventh-place and broke the school record in the shot put with a 40 feet, 4-1/4 inch toss.
- Sophomore Ariel Floyd placed fourth in the hammer throw with a school-record throw of 156 feet, 6 inches.
- Senior Jessica Taylor had a personal-best throw of 85 feet, 5 inches in the javelin throw.
- Sophomore Tyler Peck was first in his heat and second overall in the open 400-meter run with a time of 51.74 seconds.
- Freshman Kyle McDowell finished fourth in the open 800-meter run with a time of 2:01.90.
- Olivet is scheduled to compete at the Michigan State Auto-Owners Spartan Invitational Friday and Saturday, April 5-6.