Apr 20, 2019
ALLENDALE, Mich. – The Olivet College men's and women's track & field teams competed at the 2019 Al Owens Classic, hosted by Grand Valley State University in Allendale.
- Junior Noah Bailey won the triple jump with a 46 feet, 1-1/2 inch leap and the long jump with a 23 feet, 1/2 inch leap.
- Freshman Joshua Johnson was fourth in the long jump, leaping 22 feet, 3-1/2 inches.
- Senior Kory Slaby broke the school record in the hammer throw with a 147 feet, 11 inch toss.
- Sophomore Jacob Smith finished seventh in the shot put with a personal-best throw of 48 feet, 11-1/2 inches.
- On the track, freshman Kyle McDowell placed third in the 400-meter dash in a season-best time of 50.01 seconds.
- Senior Chris Womack had the sixth-fastest time in the 400-meter hurdles at 56.34 seconds, which was a season-best for him.
- The 4x400-meter relay team of Bailey, sophomore Tyler Peck, Womack and freshman Aaron Wilson was fifth-fastest among the "A" relays at 3:26.01.
- In addition, additional season- or personal-best times and/or marks were accomplished by Olivet student-athletes.
- For a second straight week, senior Michaela Kaliniak cleared the bar at 10 feet, 11-3/4 inches to tie for fourth-place.
- Freshman Lillian Albaugh finished fifth in the shot put with a 41 feet, 1/2 inch toss.
- The Comets also had several other student-athletes achieve either season- or personal-best times and/or marks in their events.
- The Comets participate in the Hillsdale College "Gina" Relays next Thursday-Saturday.