Apr 27, 2019
HILLSDALE, Mich. – The Olivet College men's and women's outdoor track & field teams finished in sixth- and 15th-place at the three-day Hillsdale College "Gina" Relays.
- Junior Noah Bailey won the triple jump (43 feet, 8-1/2 inches) and was fifth in the long jump (22 feet, 1-1/2 inches).
- Sophomore Jacob Smith placed fifth in the shot put with a school-record toss of 51 feet, 8-1/4 inches. The previous record was 49 feet, 3 inches by Mike Parsons during the 1975 season.
- Freshman Kyle McDowell finished fifth in the 400-meter dash (:50.36).
- Freshman Bradley Hawkins was sixth in the javelin throw (134 feet, 9 inches)
- Senior Chris Womack matched his season-best time, 56.34 seconds, to place sixth in the 400-meter hurdles.
- Sophomore Tyler Peck posted a personal-best time of 50.89 seconds in the 400-meter dash.
- The 4x400-meter relay team of Bailey, Womack, Peck and McDowell crossed the line first with a season-best time of 3:18.00.
- Freshman Lillian Albaugh broke her own school record in the shot put with a seventh-place mark of 42 feet, 2-1/4 inches.
- Sophomore Ariel Floyd finished fifth in both the discus throw (135 feet, 2 inches) and hammer throw (154 feet, 2 inches). The mark in the discus is a school record.
- Sophomore Samantha Torres ran a personal-best time of 1:05.74 in the 400-meter dash.
- Olivet competes at the 2019 Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association Field Day next Thursday, May 2-3. Hope College is the host school.