SOUTHFIELD, Mich. – The Olivet College men's volleyball team fell to Lawrence Technological Institute in straight sets (25-21, 25-14, 25-14) tonight at the Don Ridler Field House in Southfield.
Final Score: Lawrence Tech def. Olivet 25-21, 25-14, 25-14
Location: Don Ridler Field House; Southfield, Mich.
Records: Olivet 0-5 overall, Lawrence Tech 2-3 overall
- In the first set, the Comets led 4-3 before the Blue Devils scored the next two points for a 5-4 lead. The teams traded the next seven points, causing four tied scores. After the last tie at 8-8, Lawrence Tech went on a 6-0 run. Olivet got no closer than three points for the rest of the set.
- With the exception of a 1-1 tie, the Blue Devils held the lead for the entire second and third set.
- Junior Aaron Giorgi led Olivet with nine kills.
- Junior Brock Pringle added eight kills.
- Freshman Jacob Kelly dished out a team-best 20 set assists.
- Sophomore Tanner Gardenour collected eight digs.
- Lawrence Patton posted a team-best nine kills.
- Calvin Ooms and Zachary Narkiewicz each had seven kills.
- Gospel Sua recorded 21 set assists.
- Stefan Sretenovic tallied nine digs.
- Olivet plays a 7 p.m. match tomorrow night at Aquinas College.