GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. – The Olivet College men's volleyball team suffered a three-set loss to Aquinas College (25-9, 25-17, 25-11) tonight at the Sturrus Center in Grand Rapids.
Final Score: Aquinas def. Olivet 25-9, 25-17, 25-11
Location: Sturrus Center; Grand Rapids, Mich.
Records: Olivet 0-6 overall, Aquinas 5-0 overall
- The Comets led the first set 2-1 before the Saints went on a 9-0 run. Olivet was never able to recover from the deficit. Aquinas held a 20-8 lead in the second set. The Comets fought back and trimmed the margin to seven points, 24-17. A service error handed the set to the Saints. In the third set, Aquinas raced out to a 7-0 lead and never looked back.
- Juniors Deivan Prince and Brock Pringle each recorded six kills.
- Freshman Jacob Kelly collected 17 set assists.
- Sophomore Tanner Gardenour shared game-high honors with nine digs.
- Ruben Lopez had a game-high seven kills.
- Joshua Boothroyd and Zane Moothart were next with six and five kills, respectively.
- Colby Elder tallied 25 set assists.
- Boothroyd notched nine digs.
- Olivet is off until Tuesday, Jan. 29, when it opens Midwest Collegiate Volleyball League play at home against Adrian College. First serve at the Cutler Event Center is set for 7 p.m.