DUBUQUE, Iowa – The Olivet College men's volleyball team fell in three sets (25-23, 25-10, 25-17) to Loras (Iowa) College in a Midwest Collegiate Volleyball League (MCVL) match tonight at Lillis Court in Dubuque, Iowa.
Final Score: Loras def. Olivet 25-23, 25-10, 25-17
Location: Lillis Court; Dubuque, Iowa
Records: Olivet 1-10 overall, 0-2 MCVL; Loras 15-4 overall, 2-1 MCVL
- The Comets held a four-point lead, 13-9, in the first set. The Duhawks came back with a 7-1 run for a 16-14 lead. Olivet scored the next two points to even the score. The teams traded points to create seven tied scores. With the Comets holding a 23-22 lead, Loras scored the final three points to win the set, 25-23.
- The Duhawks led the second set from start-to-finish.
- Olivet put the first two points on the scoreboard in the third set. Loras answered by scoring five of the next six points, and did not relinquish its lead for the rest of the set.
- Junior Trent Robinson topped the team with six kills.
- Junior Aaron Giorgi had 14 set assists.
- Sophomore Tanner Gardenour recorded 10 digs.
- Grant Ooms led all players with 11 kills.
- Patrick Hollander dished out 41 set assists.
- Mihajlo Gomez tallied 12 digs.
- Olivet plays at Augustana (Ill.) College tomorrow. First serve is at 4 p.m. ET.