OLIVET, Mich. – Playing a home match for the first time in more than a month, the Olivet College men's volleyball team lost in three sets (25-11, 25-16, 25-17) to Aquinas College tonight at The Cutler Event Center in Olivet.
Final Score: Aquinas def. Olivet 25-11, 25-16, 25-17
Location: The Cutler Event Center; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Olivet 1-12 overall, Aquinas 25-1 overall
- In the first set, the Comets held a 3-1 lead. The Saints came back with 9-2 run for a 10-5 advantage. Olivet scored the next two points, and it would not get any closer for the rest of the set.
- The only time Aquinas trailed in the second was at 1-0. From there, the Saints scored three straight points and never looked back.
- In the third set, the Comets led 1-0, 2-1 and 3-2. Aquinas answered with a 3-0 run to go up 5-3 and never relinquished its lead.
- Juniors Brock Pringle and Trent Robinson each recorded five kills.
- Junior Zach Pringle was next with four kills.
- Junior Aaron Giorgi collected 16 set assists.
- Sophomore Dan Hayes had three blocks, including two solo.
- Sophomore Tanner Gardenour led the defense with seven digs.
- Ruben Lopez slammed down a match-high 10 kills.
- Zane Moothart was next with nine kills.
- Colby Elder dished out 25 set assists.
- Josh Evers topped the back row with 10 digs.
- Olivet travels to play Mount St. Joseph (Ohio) University Friday night at 7 p.m.