CINCINNATI, Ohio – The Olivet College men's volleyball team traveled to Cincinnati, Ohio, and lost to Mount St. Joseph University in four sets (25-19, 25-18, 25-27, 25-21) this evening at the Harrington Center.
Final Score: Mount St. Joseph def. Olivet 25-19, 25-18, 25-27, 25-21
Location: Harrington Center; Cincinnati, Ohio
Records: Olivet 1-13 overall, 0-4 MCVL; Mount St. Joseph 6-15 overall, 2-2 MCVL
- In the first set, the Lions raced out to a 3-0 lead. MSJ pushed its advantage to five points, 15-10. The Comets chipped away at their deficit and eventually evened the score at 18-18. The Lions responded by scoring seven of the final eight points of the set to win it 25-19.
- In the second set, MSJ put the first four points on the scoreboard and never looked back. Olivet closed the gap to two points, 12-10, but would not get any closer for the rest of the set.
- The third set was back-and-forth until the Lions seized an eight-point cushion, 17-9. Still down two points and facing match point, the Comets scored two straight points to tie the score at 24-24. Olivet took a 25-24 lead but MSJ leveled the score. A kill by junior Brock Pringle and a service ace by freshman Jacob Kelly gave the set to the Comets.
- Neither team led by more than one point in the fourth set until the Lions went ahead 11-9. MSJ doubled its advantage to four points, 15-11. Olivet trimmed its deficit to two points twice. After the last time at 23-21. The Lions slammed down two kills to end the set and match in their favor.
- Pringle finished with a match-high 15 kills.
- Juniors Deivan Prince and Trent Robinson each had five kills.
- Junior Aaron Giorgi recorded 28 set assists.
- Sophomore Tanner Gardenour shared match-high honors with 15 digs.
- Junior Zach Pringle collected 14 digs.
- Jason Hascher and Zach Storc registered 12 and 10 kills, respectively.
- Rey Sanchez had 26 set assists.
- Nick Melbardis notched 15 digs.
- Olivet plays at Trine (Ind.) University tomorrow. First serve at Hershey Hall in Angola, Indiana, is set for 1 p.m.