OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College women's basketball team lost 71-50 to Aquinas College this afternoon at The Cutler Event Center in Olivet.
Final Score: Aquinas 71, Olivet 50
Location: The Cutler Event Center; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Aquinas 10-6 overall, Olivet 5-5 overall
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In the first quarter, the Saints shot 43.8 percent from the floor to build a 20-5 lead.
- In the second quarter, Aquinas stretched its lead to 23 points twice before the Comets scored the final five points to trail by a 35-17 score at halftime.
- In the third quarter, the Saints went up by 27 points, 46-19. Olivet fought back to close the gap to 20 points but an Aquinas basket made the score 53-31 entering the final quarter.
- In the fourth quarter, the Comets would get as close as 19 points.
FOR THE COMETS
- Olivet shot 23.4 percent (18-of-77) compared to 46.0 percent (29-of-63) for the Saints.
- Junior Shannon Dingman came off the bench to lead all scorers with a career-high 22 points. She made 8-of-19 baskets, including 6-of-16 from behind the three-point arc.
- Freshman Fayth Talbert was next with eight points.
- Junior Shawnee Dame grabbed a game-best 10 rebounds.
FOR THE SAINTS
- Momo Neal finished with a team-leading 17 points.
- Ashley Bunker and Michaela Faber scored 11 points apiece.
- Bunker and Neal each pulled down seven rebounds.
- Olivet closes out the 2017 portion of its schedule tomorrow night when it hosts Spring Arbor University at 7 p.m.