SOUTH BEND, Mich. – The Olivet College women's basketball team fell to Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) foe Saint Mary's (Ind.) College, 77-67, this evening inside the Student Activities Center on the campus of Indiana University-South Bend.
Final Score: Saint Mary's 77, Olivet 67
Location: Student Activities Center; South Bend, Ind.
Records: Saint Mary's 4-9 overall, 2-3 MIAA; Olivet 5-7 overall, 1-4 MIAA
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Comets led 10-5 before the Belles scored the final six points of the first quarter to take an 11-10 lead.
- Saint Mary's took a 13-0 lead in the opening seconds of the second quarter. Olivet tied the game on a three-pointer by freshman Grace Clark. The Belles answered with a 13-0 run to take a 26-13 lead. Saint Mary's extended its lead to 14 points, 29-15, until the Comets scored the last four points of the quarter to trail by 10 points, 29-19, at halftime.
- The Comets scored the first basket of the third quarter. Olivet was not able to get any closer for the rest of the game.
FOR THE COMETS
- Senior Kadesha Taylor had a double-double, 18 points and 11 rebounds.
- Freshman Sydnee Dennis contributed 10 points and seven rebounds.
FOR THE BELLES
- Two Saint Mary's players posted double-doubles.
- Gabby Diamond had a game-high 29 points and 12 rebounds.
- Giavanna Paradiso recorded 13 points and 12 rebounds.
- Erin Maloney dished out nine assists.
- Olivet hosts Finlandia University tomorrow for a non-conference game. Tip-off at The Cutler Event Center is 7:30 p.m.