ANGOLA, Ind. – The Olivet College women's basketball team suffered a 68-43 loss to defending Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) champion Trine (Ind.) University this afternoon at the MTI Center in Angola, Indiana.
Final Score: Trine 68, Olivet 43
Location: MTI Center; Angola, Ind.
Records: Trine 12-2 overall, 4-1 MIAA; Olivet 5-9 overall, 1-5 MIAA
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In the first quarter, the Thunder led by five points twice. After the last time at 11-6, Olivet scored final four points of the period to make the score 11-10.
- Freshman Sydnee Dennis made a three-pointer to put the Comets ahead for the first time, 13-11. Neither team led by more than three points until Trine gained a six-point lead, 25-19. Olivet trailed by just four points, 27-23, at halftime.
- The Thunder pulled away in the third quarter, outscoring the Comets, 21-13.
FOR THE COMETS
- Junior Shawnee Dame was the lone Comet in double figures with 13 points.
- Dennis was next with nine points.
FOR THE THUNDER
- Katy Steers led Trine with 11 points.
- Brandi Dawson had a double-double with 10 points and 10 rebounds.
- Ashley Elliott came off the bench to score 10 points.
- Olivet returns to the court next Saturday, Jan. 13, when it hosts Kalamazoo College at 3 p.m.