ALBION, Mich. – The Olivet College women's basketball team fell to Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) rival Albion College, 76-49, today at Kresge Gym in Albion.
Final Score: Albion 76, Olivet 49
Location: Kresge Gymnasium; Albion, Mich.
Records: Albion 12-5 overall, 6-3 MIAA; Olivet 5-13 overall, 1-8 MIAA
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Comets scored the first three points of the game on a three-pointer by freshman Sydnee Dennis. The Britons answered with a 9-0 run to go up 9-3. Albion eventually stretched its lead to 11 points, 19-8, at the end of the first quarter.
- The Britons put 11 of the first 13 points on the scoreboard in the second quarter for a 30-10 advantage. Albion then took its largest lead of the game, 37-12, at the 4:40 mark before settling for a 39-16 lead at halftime.
- Olivet out-scored the Britons by 11 points, 26-15, in the third quarter to trail by only 12 points, 54-42, to start the final quarter. Albion dominated the fourth quarter, out-scoring the Comets, 22-7, to win by the 76-49 score.
FOR THE COMETS
- Dennis finished with a team-high 14 points, including four baskets from behind the arc.
- Senior Kadesha Taylor posted a double-double with 12 points and 11 rebounds.
FOR THE BRITONS
- Emily Bernas led all scorers with 27 points.
- Rain Hinton was next with 16 points, followed by Haley Nugent with 12.
- Hinton also grabbed a game-high 11 rebounds.
- Olivet hosts Alma College next Wednesday, Jan. 24, as part of a Comet basketball doubleheader. The women's game starts at 6 p.m., followed by the Comet men facing Calvin College at approximately 8 p.m. The games are also a "Red Out" where Olivet fans are encouraged to wear red!