ADRIAN, Mich. – The Olivet College women's basketball team defeated Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) foe Adrian College, 52-43, today at the Merillat Sport & Fitness Center in Adrian.
Final Score: Olivet 52, Adrian 43
Location: Merillat Sport & Fitness Center; Adrian, Mich.
Records: Adrian 8-14 overall, 5-9 MIAA; Olivet 7-16 overall, 3-10 MIAA
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Comets led by as many as nine points, 15-6, at the 5:01 mark of the first quarter. The Bulldogs fought back and trailed by six points, 17-11, at the end of the quarter.
- Olivet stretched its lead to nine points, 24-15, with 6:06 remaining until halftime. Adrian cut its deficit down to a single point, 26-25. The Comets made the last basket of the quarter to lead by three points, 28-25, at the intermission.
- Olivet started the third quarter on a 13-3 run to push its lead to 13 points, 41-28. During the run, freshman Grace Clark drained three shots from behind the arc. The Bulldogs ended the quarter on a 7-0 run to make the score 41-35 to start the final quarter of play.
- The closest Adrian would get in the fourth quarter was four points, 43-39, at the 5:13 mark.
FOR THE COMETS
- Clark, junior Shawnee Dame and freshman Sydnee Dennis each scored 11 points.
- Freshman Fayth Talbert contributed eight points to go along with a game-high 12 rebounds and four blocked shots.
FOR THE BULLDOGS
- Angelina Goosby tallied a game-high 13 points.
- Ashley Morris played all 40 minutes and scored 11 points.
- Sha'Trice Graves came off the bench to pull down a team-leading 10 rebounds.
- Olivet closes out the 2017-18 season next week with two games. The Comets are on the road Wednesday night to play Calvin College at 7:30 p.m., and hosts Hope College Saturday afternoon at 3 p.m.