OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College women's basketball team easily beat Great Lakes Christian College, 96-43, this evening at The Cutler Event Center in Olivet.
Final Score: Olivet 96, Great Lakes Christian 43
Location: The Cutler Event Center; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Great Lakes Christian 0-3 overall, Olivet 1-1 overall
- The Crusaders won the tip and scored the first basket. The Comets scored the next nine points on three-point baskets by sophomore Grace Clark, junior Tammy Lee and senior Shannon Dingman. Olivet continued the offensive production, leading by 25 points, 33-8, at the end of the first quarter.
- In the second quarter, the Comets stretched their lead to as many as 37 points, 54-17, at the 2:06 mark. Great Lakes Christian scored the final eight points of the period to trail by 29 points, 54-25, at halftime.
- Olivet out-scored the Crusaders, 25-9, in the third quarter and 17-9 in the fourth quarter. The Comets' largest lead in the game was 57 points.
- For the game, Olivet attempted 111 shots, including 52 from behind the three-point arc. The Comets had a 73-53 advantage in rebounds, 17-6 in assists and 22-8 in steals. Olivet also committed only 15 turnovers compared to 42 for Great Lakes Christian.
- Senior Shawnee Dame finished the game with a team-high 16 points.
- Freshman Beth Chick and senior Bianca Osas-Maxwell each contributed 10 points.
- Osas-Maxwell and junior Amari Brown pulled down nine rebounds apiece.
- Junior Tammy Lee dished out seven assists.
- Great Lakes Christian played with only five players. One player fouled out with 4:33 left in the third quarter.
- Mystic Striker posted a double-double with game-highs in points (22) and rebounds (21).
- Kerlunda Dervil chipped-in 10 points.
- Olivet welcomes the Lourdes (Ohio) University Grey Wolves to The Cutler Event Center Thursday night for a non-conference contest, starting at 6:30 p.m.
HIGHLIGHT VIDEO BY CRYSTAL LETTINGA