OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College women's basketball team beat Lourdes (Ohio) University, 70-54, in a non-conference contest tonight inside The Cutler Event Center in Olivet.
Final Score: Olivet 70, Lourdes 54
Location: The Cutler Event Center; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Lourdes 2-3 overall, Olivet 2-1 overall
- The Gray Wolves led by five points twice early in the first quarter. After the last time at 9-4, senior Shannon Dingman and junior Tammy Lee nailed back-to-back three-pointers to put the Comets head 10-9. Olivet did not relinquish its lead for the rest of the game.
- The Comets led 18-15 at the end of the first quarter. Olivet out-scored Lourdes, 16-5, in the second quarter for a 34-20 halftime lead.
- In the third quarter, the Comets extended their lead to as many as 26 points, 55-29, at the 1:57 mark. The Gray Wolves scored the final four points of the third period to trail by 22 points, 55-33, at the start of the fourth stanza.
- Four minutes into the fourth quarter, Lourdes cut its deficit down to 13 points, 57-44. Olivet pushed its lead back to 17 points, 61-44. The Gray Wolves closed the gap to 13 points one more time in the final minute of the game.
- Olivet made 26-of-69 baskets (37.7 percent), including nine triples, and 9-of-11 free throws for its 70 points.
- Senior Bianca Osas-Maxwell had a near double-double with a game-high 15 points to go along with a team-high eight rebounds.
- Senior Shawnee Dame joined her in double figures with 12 points.
- Freshman Beth Chick added 11 points
- Sophomore Grace Clark and junior Shae Daniels each contributed eight points.
- Lourdes shot 25.4 percent (17-of-67) from the floor, including 17.2 percent (5-of-29) from behind the arc, and 62.5 percent (15-of-24) from the charity stripe,
- Sara Semler was the only player in double figures with 13 points.
- Ramiah Henry finished with nine points.
- Keyvona Davis and Latyrah Beasley grabbed 11 and 10 rebounds, respectively.
- Olivet plays an exhibition contest next Tuesday, Nov. 20, at Davenport University. The next official game is Monday, Nov. 26, at home against Manchester (Ind.) University. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m.