OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College women's basketball team outscored Manchester (Ind.) University, 22-8, in the fourth quarter for a 60-50 come-from-behind victory over the Spartans this evening at The Cutler Event Center in Olivet.
Final Score: Olivet 60, Manchester 50
Location: The Cutler Event Center; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Manchester 2-3 overall, Olivet 3-1 overall
- The Comets led 12-7 after the first quarter.
- Olivet scored the first four points of the second quarter to stretch its lead to nine points, 16-7. The Spartans responded with a 15-3 run to take a three-point lead 25-22. The teams traded three-pointers before a Comet basket made the score 25-24 at halftime.
- Early in the third quarter, Olivet took a two-point lead twice. After the last time at 29-27, Manchester scored seven straight points to take its largest lead in the game, 34-29. The Spartans led by five points one more time at 36-31. The Comets answered with a 7-2 run to level the score at 38-38 with 1:24 left in the third stanza.
- Manchester netted the final four points of the third quarter and the first five points of the fourth quarter for a nine-point cushion, 47-38, at the 8:30 mark. The Spartans did not score any more points until there was one minute left in the game. During that 7-1/2 minute span, Olivet scored 18 points to take a 56-47 lead.
- Senior Shawnee Dame scored 18 points, grabbed eight rebounds and dished out six assists.
- Freshman Beth Chick joined her in double figures with 11 points.
- Junior Shae Daniels grabbed a game-high 11 rebounds.
- Faith-Alexis Graham was the lone player in double figures with 14 points. She also pulled down a team-high eight rebounds.
- Nicole Weaver was next with nine points.
- Olivet opens Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association play Wednesday night when it travels to play Albion College. Tip-off from Kresge Gymnasium is 7:30 p.m.