WHITING, Ind. – Sophomore Grace Clark and senior Shawnee Dame each scored a career-high 19 points to help the Olivet College women's basketball team beat Calumet College of St. Joseph (Ind.), 72-64, tonight inside the Rittenmeyer Center in Whiting, Indiana.
Final Score: Olivet 72, Calumet St. Joseph 64
Location: Rittenmeyer Center; Whiting, Ind.
Records: Calumet 2-11 overall, Olivet 5-4 overall
- The Comets scored the first five points before the Crimson Wave scored the next five points to level the score. Olivet then went on a 14-3 run to increase its lead to double digits for the first time. The Comets pushed their advantage to 15 points, 25-10. A Calumet three-pointer made the score 25-13 at the end of the opening quarter.
- The Crimson Wave put the 12 of the first 15 points on the scoreboard in the second quarter to trim their deficit to three points, 28-25. Calumet did not get any closer for the rest of the quarter, as Olivet led by nine points, 38-29, at halftime.
- In the third quarter, the Comets extended their lead back to 15 points, 50-35, at the 3:40 mark. The Crimson Wave went on a 9-0 run to cut the Olivet advantage down to six points. The Comets scored the final four points of the period to take a 10-point lead, 54-44.
- In the fourth quarter, Olivet led by as many as 17 points, 70-53, with 3:37 remaining. The Crimson Wave used a late run for the eight-point margin of defeat.
- Dame made 8-of-17 baskets for her 19 points. She also grabbed eight rebounds and dished out four assists.
- Clark drained 6-of-16 baskets, including five from behind the arc, and two free throws for her 19 points.
- Junior Tammy Lee contributed 12 points to go along with five assists.
- Junior Shae Daniels pulled down a team-best 13 rebounds.
- Alexis Switzer scored a team-high 14 points, with 8-of-10 shooting from the free throw line.
- Rexesha Hollis and Alyssa Lovato tallied 10 points apiece.
- Elri Liebenberg grabbed 13 rebounds.
- Olivet travels to St. Petersburg, Florida, next week to participate in the St. Pete's Classic, hosted by Eckerd College. On Wednesday night at 7 p.m., the Comets face Fontbonne (Mo.) University and on Thursday afternoon at 3 p.m., they play Hartwick (N.Y.) College.