OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College women's basketball team fell to University of Michigan-Dearborn, 85-53, tonight at the Cutler Event Center in Olivet.
Final Score: Michigan-Dearborn 85, Olivet 53
Location: Cutler Event Center; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Michigan-Dearborn 13-2 overall, Olivet 5-7 overall
- In the first quarter, the Comets led by four points, 7-3, after senior Shawnee Dame made two free throws at the 8:42 mark. Over the next seven minutes and 38 seconds, the Wolverines outscored Olivet, 18-2, to take their largest lead, 21-9. Michigan-Dearborn also led by 12 points, 23-11, at the end of the quarter.
- In the second quarter, the Wolverines extended their advantage to as many as 16 points, 32-16, at the 7:21 mark. The Comets fought back and trimmed their deficit down to single digits, 40-31, in the final minute of the quarter. A three-pointer for Michigan-Dearborn pushed its lead back to 12 points, 43-31, at halftime.
- The Wolverines' cushion at the end of the third quarter, 65-36, was their largest lead of the game. Olivet closed the gap to 27 points on three occasions in the fourth quarter.
- Dame led Olivet with 11 points and four assists.
- Sophomore Fayth Talbert scored 11 points.
- Dame, Talbert, sophomore Grace Clark and junior Kim Buie each grabbed five rebounds.
- Jeorgia Jones posted a double-double with game-high 18 points and 11 rebounds.
- Lauryn Carroll contributed 14 points and five assists.
- Cydney Williams added 12 points.
- The Comets resume their Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association schedule next Wednesday, Jan. 2, when they host Saint Mary's (Ind.) College at 7:30 p.m.