OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College women's basketball team fell to Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) leader and No. 11-ranked Trine (Ind.) University, 82-42, this afternoon at the Cutler Event Center in Olivet.
Final Score: Trine 82, Olivet 42
Location: Cutler Event Center; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Trine 12-2 overall, 5-0 MIAA; Olivet 5-9 overall, 1-5 MIAA
- With the score tied at 9-9 in the first quarter, the Thunder scored the final 14 points of the stanza for a 23-9 lead. Trine outscored the Comets 23-6 in the second quarter for a 46-15 lead at halftime.
- In the third quarter, the Thunder built their advantage to 39 points on two occasions. Olivet trailed by 37 points, 62-25, at the end of the quarter. The closest the Comets would get in the fourth quarter was 34 points.
- Senior Shawnee Dame led Olivet with 13 points and shared team-high honors with six rebounds.
- Junior Amari Brown also grabbed six rebounds.
- Sophomore Fayth Talbert contributed 10 points.
- Tara Bieniewicz and Cassidy Williams each scored 13 points.
- Katy Steers pulled down a game-high nine rebounds, as Trine held a 55-32 advantage in caroms.
- The Comets play their final non-conference game next Monday at Aquinas College. Tip-off is set for 6 p.m.