GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. – The Olivet College women's basketball team was downed by Aquinas College, 85-57, in a non-conference contest tonight at the Sturrus Center in Grand Rapids.
Final Score: Aquinas 85, Olivet 47
Location: Sturrus Center; Grand Rapids, Mich.
Records: Aquinas 13-6 overall, Olivet 5-10 overall
- The Comets scored the first three points of the game on a three-pointer by senior Shawnee Dame. From there, Aquinas went on a 25-3 run over the next eight minutes and 20 seconds. Dame netted the last basket of the opening quarter to make the score 25-8.
- Olivet scored six of its first seven points in the first 5:27 of the second quarter. The Saints used an 11-1 run to end the quarter to lead by 30 points, 45-15, at halftime.
- The Comets outscored Aquinas by one point, 24-23, in the third quarter to trail by a 68-39 score to start the fourth quarter. The teams combined for just 25 total points in the final quarter, with Olivet scoring eight and the Saints tallying 17.
- For the game, Olivet made 18-of-55 baskets, including 9-of-30 shooting from behind the three-point arc, and 2-of-6 free throws.
- Junior Tammy Lee scored a team-high 13 points, with three triples.
- Senior Shawnee Dame joined her double figures with 11 points and also drained three from "downtown."
- Sophomore Fayth Talbert grabbed a game-high nine rebounds, all off the defensive glass.
- For the game, Aquinas connected on 34-of-60 shots, including 7-of-18 three-pointers, and 10-of-19 free throws.
- Bri Spica led all scorers with 17 points on 7-of-10 shooting, with three baskets from behind the arc.
- Michaela Faber chipped-in 15 points.
- Faber and Hannah Brefeld each pulled down seven rebounds.
- The Comets travel to play Kalamazoo College Saturday afternoon at 3 p.m.