OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College women's basketball team lost 62-40 to Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) rival Adrian College tonight at the Cutler Event Center in Olivet.
Final Score: Adrian 62, Olivet 40
Location: Cutler Event Center; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Adrian 6-11 overall, 2-6 MIAA; Olivet 6-11 overall, 2-6 MIAA
- The Comets made their first three baskets to take an 8-2 lead. The Bulldogs scored seven straight points before Olivet went on its own 7-0 run to re-gain a six-point cushion, 15-9, with 3:30 left in the first quarter. The Comets led one more time by six points, 17-11. Adrian netted the final five points of the stanza to trail by one, 17-16, at the start of the second quarter.
- In the second period, the Bulldogs out-scored the Comets by 10 points, 16-6, for a 32-23 halftime lead. In the third quarter, Adrian stretched its lead to as many as 27 points before settling for a 25-point advantage, 53-28, at the end of the quarter.
- In the fourth quarter, Olivet trimmed its deficit down to 17 points, 57-40, at the 2:22 mark. The Bulldogs put the final five points of the game on the scoreboard.
- Olivet did not have any players reach double digits in the scoring column.
- Junior Kim Buie scored a team-best seven points.
- Seniors Shawnee Dame and Shannon Dingman, and junior Tammy Lee each had six points.
- Sophomore Fayth Talbert grabbed a team-best six rebounds.
- Four Adrian starters scored in double figures.
- Rachel Bucher and Ashley Morris scored 14 points apiece.
- Alivia Kondrath and Emily Somerville finished with 11 and 10 points, respectively.
- Sha'Trice Graves pulled down a game-high nine rebounds.
- The Comets start the second half of their MIAA schedule Saturday when they host Albion College at 5 p.m. The game is part of a basketball doubleheader inside the Cutler Event Center. The Olivet men will face Hope College immediately following the women's game.