OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College women's basketball team began the second half of its Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) schedule with a 64-43 loss to Albion College today at the Cutler Event Center in Olivet.
Final Score: Albion 64, Olivet 43
Location: Cutler Event Center; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Albion 14-3 overall, 7-2MIAA; Olivet 6-12 overall, 2-7 MIAA
- In the first quarter, neither team led by more than possession until the 1:38 mark when the Britons seized a 16-12 lead. Albion scored four of the final six points of the quarter for a 20-14 advantage entering the second quarter.
- The Britons stretched their lead to as many as 15 points, 39-24, late in the second period. The Comets made the final basket of the quarter to trail by a 39-26 score at halftime.
- Olivet closed the gap to 10 points, 45-35, with 2:55 left in the third quarter. The Comets did not get any closer for the rest of the game.
- Sophomore Daitriona Bonds came off the bench to score a team-high nine points.
- Senior Shawnee Dame and sophomore Fayth Talbert each had seven points.
- Talbert grabbed a team-best seven rebounds.
- Rain Hinton was one of four starters to reach double figures in scoring with 14 points.
- Emily Bernas and Evelyn Wischmeyer each had 11, and Brooke Schutte scored 10.
- Bernas pulled down a game-best nine rebounds.
- The Comets travel to play Alma College next Wednesday, Jan. 23, at 5 p.m.