ALMA, Mich. – The Olivet College women's basketball team finished on the losing end of a 63-44 final score to Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) foe Alma College tonight at the Art Smith Arena in Alma.
Final Score: Alma 63, Olivet 44
Location: Art Smith Arena; Alma, Mich.
Records: Alma 9-10 overall, 4-6 MIAA; Olivet 6-13 overall, 2-8 MIAA
- For the first five minutes of the game, neither team led by more than four points. The Scots seized a six-point advantage, 12-6, at the 4:05 mark. The Comets cut their deficit down to two points, 14-12, at the end of the opening quarter.
- Alma extended its lead to eight points, 26-18, with 4:59 left in the second quarter. Olivet scored the final four points of the quarter to trail 28-22 at halftime.
- The Scots opened the third quarter on an 11-0 run to push their lead to 17 points. The Comets netted five straight points to get the margin to 12 points. Olivet did not get any closer for the rest of the game.
- Senior Shawnee Dame scored 11 points.
- Junior Tammy Lee contributed eight points and shared team-high honors with five rebounds.
- Freshman Beth Chick had seven points.
- Junior Amari Brown also grabbed five rebounds.
- Jeny Brandt came off the bench to lead all players with 14 points on 6-of-9 shooting. She also pulled down a game-high 10 rebounds.
- Emily Long scored 12 points and grabbed eight rebounds.
- Madison Hill had nine points, seven rebounds and five assists.
- The Comets stay on the road to play Saint Mary's (Ind.) College Saturday at 3 p.m.