OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College women's basketball team was defeated by Alma College, 77-62. in a Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) game this afternoon at The Cutler Event Center in Olivet.
Final Score: Alma 77, Olivet 62
Location: The Cutler Event Center; Olivet, Michigan
Records: Alma 5-5 overall, 1-2 MIAA; Olivet 2-7 overall, 1-1 MIAA
- The Scots shot 57.1 percent from the floor, including 62.5 percent from behind the arc, to build a 30-7, at the end of the first quarter. Alma out-scored the Comets, 11-7, in the second quarter to lead 41-14 at halftime.
- In the third quarter, Olivet made 7-of-11 baskets, including 4-of-5 from three-point, and 6-of-9 from the charity stripe, to trail by 25 points, 63-38, entering the fourth quarter. The Comets held a 24-14 scoring advantage in the final stanza.
- Three starters scored in double figures, led by senior Tammy Lee's 15 points.
- Freshman Hannah Brown added 12 points.
- Senior Amari Brown contributed 10 points.
- Junior DeeDee Post grabbed a team-best nine rebounds.
- Stasha Warchock led all scorers with 18 points.
- Emily Long had 13 points.
- Madison Robbins came off the bench to score 12 points.
- Madison Hill finished with 10 points.
- Jeny Brandt pulled down a game-high 13 rebounds.
- Jackie Jarvis dished out three assists.
- The Comets host Calvin University next Wednesday, Dec. 18, at 7 p.m.