ANGOLA, Ind. – The Olivet College women's golf team placed third at the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) Jamboree #2, hosted by Trine (Ind.) University at the Zollner Golf Course in Angola, Indiana.
Location: Zollner Golf Course; Angola, Ind.
Par / Yardage: 72 / 5,963 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Comets posted a 337 team score to finish seven strokes behind Hope College and three strokes behind Saint Mary's (Ind.) College.
- Trine (Ind.) University took fourth-place at 345, followed by Alma College, 347; Albion College, 351; Adrian College, 355; and Calvin College, 371.
- Brooke Symons from Adrian was the medalist with a 76.
FOR THE COMETS
- Sophomore Nicole Deweyert finished third in the player standings with a 78.
- Sophomore Ashley Folleth carded an 83 to tie for seventh-place in the player standings.
- Sophomore Taylor Elley tallied an 87.
- Freshman Crystal Lettinga was a stroke behind with an 88.
- Junior Hayley Cooper completed her round in 92 strokes.
- After two rounds, Saint Mary's has a one stroke lead over Hope, 662-663. Olivet is eight strokes behind the Flying Dutch at 671. Alma is fourth at 694, followed by Trine, 707; Albion, 721; Calvin, 735; and Adrian, 741.
- The Comets make the trip to Grand Rapids next Wednesday, Sept. 27, for the third league jamboree at the Golf Club at Thornapple Pointe. The outing has a 1:30 p.m. start.