BATTLE CREEK, Mich. – The Olivet College women's golf team sits in fifth-place after the first round of the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) Fall Finale Tournament at the Bedford Valley Country Club in Battle Creek.
Location: Bedford Valley Country Club; Battle Creek, Mich.
Par / Yardage: 72 / 5,897 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Comets returned to the club house with a 346 team, which was five strokes behind fourth-place Alma College and 10 strokes behind third-place Albion College.
- Saint Mary's (Ind.) College is the first-round leader at 314 strokes, followed by Hope College at 324. Adrian College is in sixth at 350, while Calvin College and Trine (Ind.) University share seventh-place with 356s.
- Sisters Taylor and Hunter Kehoe from Saint Mary's are tied on top of the player leaderboard with matching 75s.
FOR THE COMETS
- Sophomore Nicole Deweyert is part of a tie for ninth-place in the individual standings with an 81.
- Sophomore Ashley Folleth is two strokes behind with an 83.
- Sophomore Taylor Elley and freshman Crystal Lettinga carded identical 91s.
- Junior Hayley Cooper was a stroke behind at 92.
- Entering tomorrow's final round, the Comets are in third-place in the seasonal standings with 1,710 total strokes. Saint Mary's is in solid position to claim the MIAA Championship, holding a 23-stroke lead over Hope, 1640-1663. Alma sit fourth at 1739, followed by Albion, 1781; Trine, 1794; Calvin, 1816; and Adrian, 1817.
- The final 18 holes of the Fall Finale Tournament will start tomorrow morning at 10 a.m.