NORMAL, Ill. – The Olivet College women's golf team completed play at the 2018 Kathy Niepagen Spring Fling in 10th-place. The two-day, 36-hole tournament was hosted by Illinois Wesleyan University and held at the Ironwood Golf Course in Normal, Illinois.
Location: Ironwood Golf Course; Normal, Ill.
Par / Yardage: 72 / 5,805
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Comets finished with a two-round total of 682 (339-343) strokes.
- The host Titans won the team championship with a 629 (309-320) total.
- Rylie Loux from Illinois Wesleyan was the individual medalist with a two-day total of 152 (73-79) strokes.
FOR THE COMETS
- Sophomore Nicole Deweyert tied for 12th-place in the player standings with a two-round total of 160 (78-82) strokes.
- After shooting an 88 in the first round, freshman Crystal Lettinga improved her second-round score by five strokes with an 83 to give her a two-day total of 171 strokes. She made two birdies in today's round.
- Junior Hayley Cooper carded a two-round total of 175 (88-87) strokes.
- Sophomore Taylor Elley posted a 36-hole score of 176 (85-91) strokes.
FINAL TEAM SCORES
1. Illinois Wesleyan, 309-320=629; 2. DePauw (Ind.), 318-321=639; 2. Huntingdon (Ala.), 314-325=639; 4. Washington-St. Louis (Mo.), 319-322=641; 5. Gustavus Adolphus (Minn.), 320-327=647; 6. Wis.-Whitewater, 329-323=652; 7. Wis.-Stout, 326-333=659; 8. Saint Mary's (Ind.), 336-327=663; 9. St. Catherine (Minn.), 332-340=672; 10. OLIVET, 339-343=682; 11. Carthage (Wis.), 351-343=694; 12. Augustana (Ill.), 359-362=721; 13. Illinois College, 369-374=743; 14. Franklin (Ind.), 366-384=750; 15. Carroll (Wis.), 393-401=794.
- The Comets compete Tuesday at the first Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) NCAA Playoff round. Hope College is hosting the tournament at the Ravines Golf Course in Saugatuck.