Sep 02, 2018
MARSHALL, Mich. – The Olivet College women's golf team placed third at the 2018 Labor Day Classic, hosted by the Comets at The Medalist Golf Club in Marshall.
Location: The Medalist Golf Club; Marshall, Mich.
Par / Yardage: 72 / 5,834 yards
- After shooting a 354 team score in Saturday's first round, the Comets lowered their team score by four strokes in today's second round for a 350, which gave them a two-day total of 704 strokes.
- Hanover (Ind.) College was the tournament champion with a 676 (337-339). Aquinas College took second at 690 (341-349). Alma College finished fourth at 705 (358-347).
- Emma Millard of Aquinas was the individual medalist with a 156 (74-82).
- Junior Nicole Deweyert landed on all-tournament team with a two-round total of 169 (88-81) strokes.
- Freshman Erin Taylor tied for sixth-place in the player standings with a two-day total of 175 (89-86) strokes.
- Junior Taylor Elley shared 15th-place with a 179 (94-85).
- Sophomore Crystal Lettinga was two strokes behind at 181 (83-98).
- Freshman Rachel Webb completed her two rounds in 212 (110-102) strokes.
- The Comets welcome 13 schools to The Medalist next Friday and Saturday, Sept. 7-8, for the Kyle Campbell Memorial Invitational.