MARSHALL, Mich. – The Olivet College women's golf team tied for eighth-place at the 2018 Kyle Campbell Memorial Invitational at The Medalist Golf Club in Marshall.
Location: The Medalist Golf Club; Marshall, Mich.
Par / Yardage: 72 / 5,834 yards
- The Comets posted a two-round total of 709 strokes. Olivet tied Trine (Ind.) University.
- DePauw (Ind.) University's four golfers were the top four finishers to claim the team title with a two-day score of 607 strokes. Bethel (Ind.) College was a distance second at 652. The rest of the top five were Carthage (Wis.) College in third at 661, Hope College in fourth at 669; and Albion College in fifth at 692.
- Junior Nicole Deweyert had the Comets' two-day score with a 171.
- Junior Taylor Elley was a stroke behind at 172.
- Sophomore Crystal Lettinga finished with a 181.
- Freshman Erin Taylor was the only Olivet golfer to have a better second day score with a 90 to give her a two-day total of 185 strokes.
- Freshman Rachel Webb rounded out the Comet starting five with a 203.
- The Comets open Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) play with a jamboree next Thursday, Sept. 13. Albion is the host school, and the outing will be at The Medalist.