NORMAL, Ill. – The Olivet College women's golf team moved up three spots to finish in 10th-place at the 2018 Illinois Wesleyan University Fall Invitational, held at the Ironwood Golf Course in Normal, Illinois.
Location: Ironwood Golf Course; Normal, Ill.
Par / Yardage: 72 / 5,835 yards
- The Comets shot a 344 in Saturday's round before shooting a season-best 319 team score in today's second round for a 663 total.
- Washington University-St. Louis (Mo.) won the team championship with a 588 (293-295).
- Nina Kouchi from Grinnell (Iowa) used a three-under par 69 in today's round to become the individual medalist with a 141.
- Junior Nicole Deweyert shaved five strokes off her first-round score with a 77 in today's round to give her a two-day total of 159 strokes.
- Junior Taylor Elley improved by 11 for a team-low 76 in the second round. She had a two-round total of 163 (87-76).
- Sophomore Crystal Lettinga was three strokes better in the second round for a two-day total of 169 (86-83).
- Freshman Erin Taylor dropped six strokes off her first-round score to post a 172 (89-83).
- All four second-round scores were individual season-bests for the Olivet golfers.
- The Comets' 319 matches the 24th-best team score in school history.
- The 663 is the 35th-best 36-hole team score in school history.
- Olivet resumes Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association play Saturday, Sept. 22. The jamboree is at the Knollwood Country Club in Granger, Indiana.