JEKYLL ISLAND, Ga. – The Olivet College women's golf team placed 19th at the 2019 Jekyll Island Women's Collegiate Tournament, held at the Indian Mound Golf Course in Jekyll Island, Georgia.
Location: Indian Mound Golf Course; Jekyll Island, Ga.
Par / Yardage: 72 / 5,801
- The Comets posted a three-round total of 1,064 strokes. After shooting a 374 in the first round, Olivet improved by 33 strokes in the second round with a 341, and completed today's third round in 349 strokes.
- Carnegie Mellon (Pa.) University took first-place in the team standings with a 912 (302-307-303).
- Navika Kuchakulla from New York University was the individual medalist with a three-round score of 220 strokes.
- Sophomore Crystal Lettinga led Olivet with a three-round total of 261 strokes. She tallied an 86 in the first and third rounds, and an 89 in the second round.
- Freshman Erin Taylor finished with a three-day total of 263 strokes. She had a 91 in the first round, a career-best 82 in the second round and 90 in the third round.
- Freshman Logan McLane posted a three-day total of 270 strokes. She lowered her score in each successive round, shooting a 94 in the first round, 89 in the second round and career-best 87 in the third round.
- Freshman Rachel Webb completed her three rounds in 315 strokes.
- After being disqualified in the first round, junior Nicole Deweyert bounced back to card an 81 in the second round and 86 in the third round.
1. Carnegie Mellon (Pa), 302-307-303=912; 2. Methodist (N.C.), 304-308-306=918; 3.New York Univ., 300-306-319-925; 4. Rhodes (Tenn.), 311-312-311=934; 5. Washington & Lee (Va.), 326-319-314=959; 6. Oglethorpe (Ga.), 325-312-325=962; 7. Berry (Ga.), 325-317-325=967, T8. Christopher Newport (Va.), 326-319-324=969; T8. Huntingdon (Ala.), 318-324-327=969, 10. Southwestern (Texas), 320-319-335=974; 11. Saint Mary's (Ind.), 318-331-336=985; 12. Sewanee (Tenn.), 324-338-343=989; T13. Transylvania (Ky.), 330-320-343=993; T13. Birmingham Southern (Ala.), 329-320-344=993; 15. Piedmont (N.C.), 330-326-353=1009; 16. Hardin-Simmons (Texas), 335-339-337=1011; 17. Bridgewater (Va.), 360-344-345=1049; 18. Hanover (Ind.), 346-365-352=1063; 19. OLIVET, 374-341-349=1064; 20. Randolph-Macon (Va.), 383-389-393=1165; 21. St. John Fisher (N.Y.), 405-380-398=1183.
- The Comets is off until Saturday, April 6, when they compete at the Hope College Invitational. The Flying Dutch are hosting the one-day, 18-hole tournament at The Ravines Golf Course in Saugatuck and gets started at 12 noon.