MARSHALL, Mich. – Senior Nicole Deweyert shared medalist honors, as the Olivet College women's golf team walked away with a third-place finish at the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) Jamboree #4, played on the Comets' home course, The Medalist Golf Club in Marshall.
Location: The Medalist Golf Club; Marshall, Michigan
Par / Yardage: 72 / 5,844 yards
- The Comets posted a 335 team score to finish six strokes behind team champion Saint Mary's (Ind.) College and three behind second-place Hope College. Alma College took fourth-place with a 347. Calvin University and Trine (Ind.) University tied for fifth-place with 348s, followed by Albion College in seventh, 357; Adrian College in eighth, 371; and Kalamazoo College in ninth, 408.
- Deweyert along with Abby Meder and Grace VanDellen all tied for first-place in the player standings with 80s.
- After starting her round with a triple bogey on Hole No. 16, Deweyert bounced back to card a tournament-best 12 pars to go along with five bogies. She tied for second in the par 3 scoring at +1 and par 5 scoring at +1.
- Freshman Aynslee Myer shot an 84. Her rounded included 10 pars.
- Junior Crystal Lettinga completed her round in 85 (39-46) strokes, including tying for a tournament-best two birdies. She birdied two of the par 4s on the front nine.
- Sophomore Erin Taylor was a stroke behind with an 86 (44-42).
- Senior Taylor Elley returned to the clubhouse with a 95 (46-49).
- After four jamborees, Saint Mary's sits in first-place with 1,279 strokes. Olivet is second and two strokes ahead of Hope, 1343-1345. Calvin is fourth at 1363, followed by Trine, 1375; Albion, 1405; Alma, 1407; Adrian, 1434; and Kalamazoo, 1622.
- In the race for the MIAA's Most Valuable Golfer, Hunter Kehoe from Saint Mary's holds a three-stroke lead over Deweyert at 305-308. Summer Stillson from Saint Mary's is a close third at 313.
- The final two rounds of the fall season will be played next Friday and Saturday, Oct. 11-12, at the Bedford Valley Country Club in Battle Creek.